Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Mother's Day Weekend Response to Candidate Visit

Dear Damian,
I am writing this email because I was so pleased that you visited my children’s school (Kerrisdale) the other day. It was a great opportunity for my son and his classmates (Gr. 4) to meet you and the NDP candidate and I think they learned the general idea about Green and NDP.
I am a Japanese citizen and I cannot vote in Canada because Japanese government does not allow dual citizenship. I raise three Canadian children and I have been feeling so neglected because there’s no opportunity for me to vote and I have been worried about my children’s future especially since Harper took over the office. My Canadian husband and I support Green party and I am glad that my children believe the environment is one of their priorities. I am very impressed with the Student Vote and I think this is a great step for the future of Canada. It would be interesting to see the results of the Student Vote. My son says most his classmates will vote for either Green or NDP. I felt maybe there is hope in our future!
I am on the Green Party’s newsletter list already and I hope you will continue your good work.
Good luck with the election!
Best wishes, Masako

No comments: